When the requirement for an audit of the company accounts is mentioned, it is traditionally greeted with groans and trepidation.
Every business has its weaknesses and it’s key to identify what they are before they damage your business.
As your business grows and becomes more sophisticated, it can be advisable to have an audit as a ‘health check’ on both your business finances and internal systems of control.
The benefits of having a regular audit include :
- Greater confidence in your management accounts
- Highlighting the strengths and weaknesses of controls
- Advising you on improving those controls
- Giving greater credibility to your financial information particularly when publishing to your bank, shareholders and suppliers
Our approach to delivering an audit includes:
Planning your audit
Before the audit begins, we will meet with you to discuss our suggested approach to the work involved and agree a timetable for completion that suits your requirements.
Completing your audit
During the course of the audit, we will be in regular contact with you to keep you informed of our progress and to discuss any significant findings.
Our experienced audit team will be flexible to ensure that they complete the audit with as little disruption as possible to your day to day business.
Completion of the audit
Once the audit work has been completed, we will meet with you to discuss our findings which will include :
- Strengths and weaknesses identified within your systems of control
- Advice on how to make improvements
How Alextra can help
Our experienced audit team have audited companies large and small and from many different sectors. We are confident we can provide a first class audit and help provide a crucial insight into your business.