This Policy governs the use of personal data which you provide to us. Personal data is any or all data relating to a natural person who is identified, or can be identified, from the data.
Alextra Group Limited respects your privacy. We understand that how your personal data is used and shared matters to you, and we take your privacy very seriously. We will not collect any data other than when you contact us, and we will always process that data in compliance with the law. Our site may contain links to other sites, and be aware that if you choose to click on those links, your data may be processed by other organisations hosting those sites. We cannot control or monitor this, and you should have regard to their Privacy Policies.
Who we are
- Our VAT number is 682 5285 11
- We are regulated by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- We are a member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
You have certain rights as a data subject under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which governs the collection, processing and disposal of personal data by organisations such as ours.
In relation to personal data about you, you have the right:
- to be informed about how and why we collect and use the data
- to be given access to the data we hold
- to have any inaccurate or incomplete data rectified
- to ask us to delete personal data, earlier than we might already dispose of it
- to prevent us from processing the data further
- to object to us using the data for particular purposes
We provide contact details at the end of this Policy for you to use if you have any complaint about our processing of your personal data. If you are not satisfied with the way we deal with this issue, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), which is the body in charge of supervising personal data use in the UK.
What data do we collect?
You agree that we are entitled to obtain, use and process the information you provide to us to enable us to discharge the Services (as defined in our Letter of Engagement and supporting Schedules)and for other related purposes including;
- Updating and enhancing client records
- Analysis for management purposes
- Carrying out credit checks in relation to you
- Statutory returns
- Legal and regulatory compliance
- Crime prevention.
If you communicate with us by e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address and any other content that you send to us in the body of the mail.
We collect information about you when you fill in any of the forms on our website ie sending an enquiry, signing up for an event, signing up for a mailing list, filling in a survey, giving feedback etc.
How is your data used?
We will process and store your data securely, and we will only keep it for as long as we need it for the purpose(s) for which it was collected.
In relation to the data we do collect, as laid out in the section above, we may use it as follows:
- We may receive personal data from you for the purposes of our money laundering checks, such as a copy of your passport. This data will only be processed for the purposes of preventing money laundering and terrorist financing, or as otherwise permitted by law or with your express consent.
- Our work for you may require us to pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing the Services to you on our behalf. However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the Services and we have contracts in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
- We collect information on our website to process your enquiry, deal with your event registration, give advice based on survey data and improve our services. If you agree, we will also use this information to share updates with you about our services which we believe may be of interest to you.
We will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
How and where do we store your data?
We will only keep your data as long as we need it for the purpose(s) for which it is collected, and/or for as long as we have your permission to hold it.
Your data will only be stored in the UK.
Accessing your data
You are entitled to make a Subject Access Request under the GDPR. This means that you may request a copy of any personal data we hold about you, free of charge. We will provide any or all information in response to your request if you contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) – Shawn Gallimore: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the Site or this Policy, or you wish to make a Subject Access Request, then please contact our DPO – Shawn Gallimore, making your request or query clear:
Telephone: 01270 250800
Postal address: 7-9 Macon Court, Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 6EA
Amending the Policy
We may change this policy from time to time, in response to changes in the law or for operational reasons. Any changes will immediately be posted on the Site and you will be deemed to have accepted the amended Policy if you continue to use the Site afterwards. You should therefore regularly review this Policy.